When you visit our website, we collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some cookies installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages you view, what websites or search terms referred you to our website, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.”
We may collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
Additionally, when you sign up for newsletters or email lists through the Site, we may collect certain information from you, including your name, address, phone numbers, email address, and/or phone number. We refer to this information as “User Information.”
THIRD PARTY TOOLS
- We utilize third party tools to communicate to our Users who have opted in to receive newsletters, event invitations, and other tools that offer ways to engage with us.
- With each tool, you have the ability to “opt out”
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We use the User Information that we collect to:
- Communicate with you;
- When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with communications relating to our organization.
- We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We do share limited aspects of your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. We use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site. Read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/.
You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
We may use your Personal Information to provide you with communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative: http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work
You can opt out of targeted advertising by visiting the following links:
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/
DO NOT TRACK
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including Canada and the United States.
When you place an order or donation through the Site, we will maintain your Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by snail mail to IT Department: Privacy 17 Walter U. Lum Place, San Francisco, CA 94108